Choosing a reliable, high-quality razor or beard trimmer can be difficult nowadays with hundreds of models from various companies to choose from. Everyone can agree that a good hair, beard, mustache, and body trimmer needs to be easily maneuverable, powerful, durable, and precise. All of the choices that earned a spot on this comprehensive list are premium-quality, trusted razors and trimmers used by many professional hair stylists on a regular basis. With these best beard trimmers, you can confidently and consistently give yourself a trim with precision that is sure to rival any hair salon or barber.
- Best Beard Trimmers
- 1. Philips Norelco MG7750
- 2. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
- 3. Wahl Peanut 8655
- 4. Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer
- 5. Wahl Model 9864
- 6. Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper
- 7. Bevel Trimmer
- 8. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750
- Buyers Guide
- Hair and Skin Type
Best Beard Trimmers[table “33cache_table_outputfalse” not found /]
1. Philips Norelco MG7750
The Philips Norelco MG7750 is by far one of the best all-purpose trimmers on the market and our number one pick for this list. This trimmer is comfortable, ergonomically built with high-quality stainless steel, and offers an even amount of power to take care of any shaving needs you may have. With 14 premium guiding combs, three different razer head widths for any surface, self sharpening blades, and even a nose hair trimmer, the MG7750 is extremely versatile and can make quick work of any unruly mess of hair.
- 23 piece trimmer for face, beard, head, and body.
- trimmer comes with an entirely metal motor and tempered steel reinforced drive train.
- DualCut technology provides two rows of self sharpening blades that each last as long as five years.
- Fiberglass reinforced cutting guards
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery delivers an average of five hours of shaving with each charge.
2. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
This trimmer offers a clean shave while eliminating the need to deep clean your bathroom after each use. The Philips Norelco Series 7200 has an integrated vacuum which sucks up 90% of the loose hairs making this the perfect beard trimmer for anyone who shares a bathroom with someone else and often finds themselves cleaning up hair. This device charges quickly and offers around 80 minutes of cordless use on a single charge, making it a very smart choice of a trimmer to bring with you when traveling or on vacation.
- Features precision blades made from durable stainless steel.
- Comes with a built-in vacuum that cleans up loose hairs as you shave.
- Has a 0.5mm incremental radial dial for added precision.
- Product can be used for over 80 minutes without needing to be charged.
3. Wahl Peanut 8655
The Wahl Peanut 8655 is a reliable tool that is less expensive and more powerful than its wireless counterparts. This trimmer has immense cutting power and is much smaller than many corded razors on the market, making it extremely easy to take with you on the go. The peanut delivers a close, consistent trim after years of use and requires little to no maintenance, making it a top pick across the board for professional hair stylists everywhere.
- built for smooth and precise trimming on thick, textured hair.
- More consistent and powerful than wireless hair trimmers.
- Built with durability in mind for years of use with minimal cleaning required.
- Trimmer is small, light, maneuverable, and designed for long-term and consistent use.
4. Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer
The Andis Slimline Pro T-blade Trimmer is the perfect pick for those who like to design their facial hair to perfection. Used as a primary detailer by many hair care experts, the Andis Slimline Pro is often recognized for its outstanding performance and exceptional durability after years of commercial use. This trimmer is unmatched when it comes to shaving perfectly straight lines and clean fades.
- Sleek, maneuverable, and lightweight design.
- Packaged with four premium-quality plastic guards.
- Ideal for precision touch ups and detailing.
- Creates neat, clean lines to accommodate most men’s hairstyles.
- Cuts all types and textures of facial hair with ease.
- Includes a lithium ion battery that lasts for two hours while running and takes only 15 minutes to fully charge.
- Equipped with unique T-blade and 120 volt rotary motor.
5. Wahl Model 9864
The Model 9864 is exceptional when it comes to achieving various trim lengths. This trimmer is especially great for those who tend to procrastinate since its battery charges extremely fast, and as little as one minute of being charged allows the user about three minutes of use. The Model 9864 is a great option worth considering if you are looking for a reliable, all-in-one hair trimmer that will stand the test of time.
- Made in the USA.
- Built with stainless steel.
- 12 guiding combs and four attachments are included.
- Features a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery providing six hours of run time.
- Has a wide T-blade with blades that sharpen themselves for years of trimming.
- Includes a precision detailer attachment for detailing and creating elaborate designs.
- Includes one rotating nose trimmer and one ear hair trimmer.
- Can be charged in any country with its Worldwide Voltage feature (accommodates dual voltage, 220 V, or 110 V).
6. Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper
Opting to use more plastic than its competitors, The Oster Classic Universal Clipper delivers the same clean, neat trim with each and every use while being way lighter than other trimmers. This Clipper is used by many barbers due to the fact that it is extremely lightweight and delivers a powerful output that is the same with each haircut regardless of hair texture or style. In fact, the Oster Classic is noted by barbers as being one of the leading trimmer choices for multicultural hair types because of its single-speed motor and reliable power and precision.
- Built with extra durable, break-resistant materials.
- Features sized 0 and 1 detachable blades.
- Motor is universal and single-speed for consistent and continuous use.
- Includes nine foot power supply cord housed with extremely durable plastic.
- Comes with plastic guards for increased maneuverability.
- Packaged with a cleaning brush, lubricating oil, clipper grease, and a blade guard.
7. Bevel Trimmer
The Bevel Beard Trimmer makes for the perfect mens gift for your father, husband, son, or friend, for any holiday. Built with dirt and oil repellent blades, this trimmer is a great option for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. Bevel’s trimmer delivers the same amount of power every time it is used (with or without using its cord) to ensure that each trim will be clean, consistent, and hassle-free.
- Cordless trimmer with a premium, custom-faceted build for increased control.
- Can be adjusted without tools.
- Features bevel dial for adjustable sharpness and precision.
- Battery delivers up to eight hours of trimming.
- Grip is soft, comfortable, and non-slip.
8. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750
The Philips Norelco MG3750 is easily the best budget choice for a hair and beard trimmer, yet doesn’t sacrifice any of the high-quality performance that Philips Norelco is known for as a result of its lower price point. With self-sharpening, easy to clean and detach blades that retain their sharpness after years of continuous use, the MG3750 does all of the heavy lifting for you to bring you a premium barber shop experience every time. If you’re looking for a premium trimmer that can take on all styles and types of hair with ease, look no further than Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750.
- One of Amazon’s most well-reviewed, popular razors to date.
- Built with a plastic body for ease of use and portability.
- Includes an ear and nose trimmer, steel precision trimmer, full size trimmer, three beard trimming guards, three hair trimming guards, a stubble guard, cleaning brush, and a bag for convenient storage.
- Includes premium Dualcut technology with twice as many metal blades that sharpen themselves with continued use.
The two most important aspects to consider when deciding which beard and hair trimmer to purchase are hair type and lifestyle. While this list contains some of the best options for trimmers currently on the market, one of them may be more useful to you than the rest depending on your personal situation.
Hair and Skin Type
If you have a dense, thick beard or hair style, it is important to find a razor with the right amount of power and blade sharpness. Trimmers such as the Philips Norelco MG7750 and corded trimmers like the Wahl Peanut 8655 or the Oster Classic 76 Universal Clipper are well-known powerhouses that are more than capable of cutting through any texture or style of hair with each and every use. If you have sensitive skin or struggle with acne, the Bevel trimmer’s oil and dirt-resistant blades might be right for you.
Do you tend to do most of your shaving over a sink or in the shower? If you prefer to shave in the shower, waterproof models like the MG7750 might be the best option to suit your needs. Do you travel often? If so, you should prioritize trimmers known for their immense battery life and/or cleaning features such as the Wahl Model 9864, the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, or the Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer to achieve the high-quality, precise shave that you’re looking for while on the go. How often do you shave? If you find yourself shaving almost every day, it is important to invest in a trimmer with self-sharpening blades like the Philips Norelco MG7750, the Wahl Model 9864, or the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 MG3750.
I hope this guide has helped you find the best beard trimmers for you and your loved ones!