To prevent tooth decay, fight plaque buildup, and avoid cavities, it is imperative that you choose the right toothbrush for the job. It is important to consider factors like bristle type, battery power, how long the device can hold a charge, and additional features. Here is a comprehensive list of eight of the best electric toothbrushes on the market today that you can use to find which brush is perfect for your individual dental routine.
- Best Electric Toothbrushes
- 1. Oral-B Pro 1000
- 2. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush
- 3. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus
- 4. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100
- 5. Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush
- 6. Rotadent Contour
- 7. Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected
- 8. Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 Sonicare for Kids
- Buyer’s Guide
Best Electric Toothbrushes[table “34cache_table_outputfalse” not found /]
1. Oral-B Pro 1000
The Oral-B Pro 1000 is a staple in terms of dental hygiene and is recommended by most dentists and oral hygienists for its reliability and cleaning power. This brush prevents 100% more cavities than its standard, non-electric counterparts. This brush is great for people looking to form great habits with its built-in timer, pressure sensor, and above-average battery life.
- Device comes with a minimal charging pedestal
- Brush is equipped with a pressure sensor to let you know when you are brushing too hard.
- Has a built-in 30-second timer that lets you know when to move on to the next area while you are brushing.
2. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean is a top choice by many dentists and oral hygienists due to its superior plaque removing capabilities and its emphasis on both gum health and teeth whitening. The DiamondClean has five different settings (Clean, Gum Health, White Plus, Tongue Care Plus, and Deep Clean) to help provide a more personalized brushing experience for users looking to improve specific aspects of their oral routines. With progress reports, time feedback, and automatic pairing with four different brush heads, the DiamondClean is a no-brainer for anyone looking to vastly improve their brushing experience.
- The small-diameter toothbrush head can reach every corner of your mouth with ease.
- Features a two minute timer for optimal brushing sessions.
- Comes with four premium brush heads.
- Brush has a gum health mode that improves gum health after as little as two weeks of consistent use.
- Brush also has a white plus mode that is much more efficient at cleaning up stains than any other brush on the market to date.
- Device has three different brushing intensity settings to suit various brushing needs.
- Included travel case is ergonomic and charges brush for you.
3. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus is one of the most recommended toothbrush models by dentists everywhere and is powerful enough to remove most plaque without even touching your teeth, making it a great brush for those wanting to optimize their cleaning routine. With multiple brush heads designed for various unique cleaning purposes, this toothbrush is extremely versatile and easy to fine-tune to find the best technique for your mouth.
- Oscillating brush heads that operate at 20,000 cycles/second.
- Operates with 62,000 brush strokes/minute.
- Built-in Smart timer for optimal brushing per general recommendation.
- Features Quad-pacing technology that notifies you when it is time to brush the next area.
- Retains a charge for up to three weeks of consistent, bi-daily use.
4. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 has everything you could possibly need in a toothbrush. The 4100 takes ease of use to a new level with this extremely quiet, efficient, and low-maintenance electric toothbrush. Featuring sonic technology, the ProtectiveClean 4100 can remove up to seven times the amount of plaque that its close competitors can, making it
- Device shuts down after two minutes ensuring an even brush time.
- Features Quad pacer and pressure sensor to help prevent excessive or harmful brushing .
- High-quality battery that has a 14 hour run time and life indicator.
- Includes premium quality, durable brush heads.
- Notifies the user when the current brush head being used needs to be replaced.
5. Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush
Braun’s Oral-B 9600 is one of the most innovative and effective brushing experiences money can buy. This smart, electric toothbrush grants users real-time feedback via a smart device while the brushing is taking place so they can clearly see where they could improve, where they did not spend enough time, and much more. This product is also extremely safe (even for those who tend to brush too hard) and protects your gum line from irritation or inflammation.
- Features a built-in timer for an even clean.
- Has a pressure sensor to prevent overly-aggressive brushing habits.
- Includes various brush heads with specific uses / purposes along with six different modes.
- Syncs with Gum Protection app on your smart device to help improve and track your brushing technique.
- Position detection technology lets you know (via the app) if you are missing even a small portion of a single tooth with brushing.
- Comes with a convenient travel case, charger that ensures a clean device at all times, and phone stand for app viewing while you are brushing.
6. Rotadent Contour
The rotadent Contour is the ideal choice if you are looking for consistent comfort without sacrificing the deep clean that your mouth needs. This toothbrush is recognized and recommended by many dentists and oral hygienists for its delicate bristles, which are great for those with sensitive gums, teeth, or those who are recovering from a recent mouth surgery. This product is great when it comes to fighting and preventing gingivitis, gum infections, and cavities, especially since it is known for delivering a thorough, pain-free experience.
- Boasts as much as 90,000 filament movements per second for an intense and thorough clean.
- Features hyper-soft bristles that actively work to prevent damage to gums and enamel.
- Device shuts down automatically after exceeding the ideal brush time (two minutes).
- Battery lasts as long as three weeks on a single charge (assuming a regular bi-daily brushing schedule is followed).
7. Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected
Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected is one of the smartest and cleanest toothbrushes for those looking for a premium brush that includes the bells and whistles Philips is known for. With the touchup feature, users have access to customized, dentist-approved, advice on how they can improve the next time they brush based on their data collected on the Sonicare app. Users can track their progress, set personal goals, and get alerts when it is time to brush with this innovative and smart electric toothbrush.
- Built with high-quality materials for lasting durability (even after years of use).
- Syncs with the Sonicare app for real-time brushing feedback, tips, and tricks.
- Smart sensing location technology lets the user know where they are missing the mark with their current brushing technique, thus helping form better brushing habits.
- Pressure detection technology prevents excessive, harmful brushing.
- Includes a UV-based sanitizing system to ensure cleanliness and prevent odor-buildup after repeated use.
- Boasts being capable of removing ten times more plaque than rival companies’ brushes.
8. Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 Sonicare for Kids
The Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 is great for kids of all ages and is a great tool to help form good oral hygiene habits early on in life. The downloadable app associated with this specific brush turns brushing your teeth into an interactive game that kids love and get excited about, which makes them look forward to brushing and beating their previous high score. The Sonicare HX6321/02 helps improve brushing technique with tips and pointers in the app
- Toothbrush syncs with an app that turns brushing teeth into a game to appeal to a younger audience.
- Children and parents can track progress within the app at any time.
- Music is played to let the child know when it is time to move to the next quadrant.
- Built-in timer gradually increases up to two minutes to teach kids how long they should brush for.
If you have sensitive teeth or gums, you might want to consider the Rotadent Contour or the Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus for their soft bristles and versatile power settings. If you are looking to develop better brushing habits and track your progression, you should look into one of the electric toothbrush models that can be used with an app on your smartphone like the Oral-B 9600, the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected, or the Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 for Kids. If you tend to travel often, the Oral-B 9600 or the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean would be perfect for you since they come packaged with convenient ergonomic travel cases that protect your electric toothbrush from bacteria and germs.
If you are looking to brush your teeth more effectively, instill better cleaning habits, develop a better daily routine, or simply upgrade to a higher-quality toothbrush, this list is the perfect guide for you. All of the premium toothbrushes on this list have not only been praised for their superior build and function, but have also received countless positive reviews both by dentists and verified Amazon buyers. I hope that you have found one of the best electric toothbrushes in this buying guide that will suit your needs!