If you’re looking for gifts for someone who loves plants and gardening, this list is for you. This list will give you a set of ideas on how to choose the perfect gift for a gardener, or just some inspiration to kickstart your next shopping trip. Hopefully, by the end of this list, you’ll have the perfect gift in your online cart! Here is a list of 30 great gifts for gardeners.
- Best Gifts for Gardeners
- 1. Leaf-themed pillowcases
- 2. Modern bird feeders
- 3. Beehouse
- 4. Aero garden set
- 5. Ceramic mushroom statues
- 6. Bucket hats
- 7. Gardening clogs
- 8. Foldable rake
- 9. Pruning set
- 10. Fieldnotes notebook
- 11. Copper watering can
- 12. Raised garden bed
- 13. Wooden planter with a trellis
- 14. Cucumber trug
- 15. Nitrile touch gardening gloves
- 16. Brass mister
- 17. Terracotta water suppliers
- 18. Worm composter
- 19. Backyard Gardening by Peter Greenfield
- 20. Funny gardening-themed mugs
- 21. Floral-scented candles
- 22. Salsa seed set
- 23. Floral mug and spoon set
- 24. Culpeper’s Complete Herbal by Nicholas Culpeper
- 25. Reusable flower totes
- 26. Plant-themed forever stamps
- 27. Custom garden sign
- 28. Gardening apron
- 29. Mushroom log
- 30. Butterfly puddler
Best Gifts for Gardeners
1. Leaf-themed pillowcases
These pillowcases are really cute and the theme is super trendy right now! This would make a great gift because it has a nod to their love for plants and gardening, as well as practical use in their daily lives.
- Cotton linen
- Prints of green leaves on a neutral background.
2. Modern bird feeders
If you have a garden, you probably have a bird feeder, or at least want one. Bird feeders attract all sorts of birds and depending on the style and feed, you can attract specific species of birds. Gardeners forge special connections with nature, so bird feeders will only add to that. Depending on the personal style preferences of your gif-tee, you can find a bird feeder that will suit their tastes. This bird feeder would make a great addition to any garden, no matter how big or small.
- Wood and metal to avoid rotting
- They come with a metal string to hang it from
Bee houses are so cute and would make such a great addition to any outdoor garden! Not only do they look interesting, but they also are supporting the local bee population. Bees are vital to the survival of plants, humans, and generally support the Earth. A hot topic issue is how alarmingly fast the bees are dying, so a bee house like this will help save the bees, look cute, and attract more buzzy friends to your garden to help your flowers flourish.
- Use tunnels to create bee homes
- Comes with a string to hang it from
4. Aero garden set
Aero gardens are amazing pieces of technology. They allow people to grow plants indoors that might only survive outdoors. This gift is great for someone who has limited outdoor garden space, or an apartment-dweller that loves gardens but has no room to do so. They are a bit pricey, but they will make any plant-lover happy.
- Plant bed that can hold up to six plants
- Allows them to grow up to be about a foot tall
- It comes with seeds, a control panel, and LED lights.
5. Ceramic mushroom statues
Gardens are magical places, and these adorable mushroom statues add a little extra magic to any space. These will look great in any garden, and will make life feel more like a fairytale!
- Four inches tall
- Painted ceramic
6. Bucket hats
These hats are a must-have for anyone who spends a lot of time in the great outdoors. They help keep your face from being sunburned, they are adjustable, and sometimes they have a quick-dry material so you aren’t walking around with a sweaty head all day. These can be pretty cheap, and come in a lot of different colors and styles, so you can choose the best option to fit the fashion taste of your gardener.
- String on the bottom to secure
- Mesh siding for breathability
- Cotton and polyester
7. Gardening clogs
These shoes are super helpful for gardeners who don’t want their favorite sneakers to get dirty and ruined by the excessive time they spend outside in the dirt. These shoes are durable, comfortable, and can come in a few different colors and patterns, so you can make the best choice for your gardener!
- Comfortable foam and have rubber soles
- The interior is removable to make washing them a lot easier
- They feel really good on the user’s feet and the size guide is accurate
- They are lightweight: weigh less than three bananas!
8. Foldable rake
These rakes are a space-saver and useful! Normal rakes can take up a lot of space in a shed or garage, and that can be a big deal for people who don’t have a lot of space, to begin with. These rakes are sure to help your gardener remain organized!
- Can fold down into a smaller
- Made out of aluminum alloy
- Sturdy and lightweight
- 7.5×19 when folded up
- Rubber handle to make it easier to grip.
9. Pruning set
For people who love to make amazing designs in their hedges, or just generally want to keep their plants at a manageable shape and size, pruners are the way to go.
- Comfortable and ergonomic handles to ensure that cutting will not hurt the user’s wrists or muscles.
- They can cut anything from flower stems to one-inch thick branches
- After each cut, they automatically open again to reduce fatigue on the user’s end.
10. Fieldnotes notebook
Gardeners are always learning more about how to best take care of their plants, whether it be through research or trial-and-error. These notebooks are cute and durable, so your gardener can create their guide on how to best take care of their plant pals in these notebooks.
- 48 dotted pages inside
- They are waterproof
- Tear proof
11. Copper watering can
Watering cans are a must for anyone with plants, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be stylish! This copper watering can is modern, sleek, and gets the job done.
- Stainless steel with a gold and copper finish
- Holds 1.3 gallons of water
12. Raised garden bed
Raised garden beds are helpful for people who are low on space, or want to avoid pesky animals eating their plants. Depending on the size and style, some come with shelves attached to make storage a lot easier.
- Planting box is 37-1/2×15-1/2×8
- Holds about 2.5 cubic feet of soil
- Galvanized steel
- Has wheels to make it easy to move
13. Wooden planter with a trellis
This is a gift best for someone who has a large backyard, or ample space to fit one of these. They’re really cute and allow for a lot of plants to grow in a small space. The trellis allows for vines to grow, or even just to decorate with lights or anything you can imagine.
- Four feet tall
- Made from wood of fir trees
- Drainage hole at the bottom to ensure there is no water logging of the soil
14. Cucumber trug
Does your gardener want to live out a dream of living in the countryside, harvesting produce from their gardens like in Beauty and the Beast? These little baskets can come in a lot of different sizes, shapes, patterns, and materials. Carrying one of these around while harvesting your vegetables makes the task not only easier, but can make your gardener feel like the main character in their movie!
- Have a colander style bottom to allow for any drainage
15. Nitrile touch gardening gloves
One main criticism of regular gardening gloves is the gardener loses the sensation of touch, which makes it difficult to distinguish between weeds and regular plants. These gloves protect your hands, but also are thin enough to where you can feel things still. These will be your gardener’s next favorite set of gloves!
- Women’s medium size
- They are made out of nylon for the coating and have a foam interior to protect the fingers of the gardener
16. Brass mister
For indoor plants or plants that require a little extra care, these misters are helpful. Who says you can’t look amazing while misting your plants? Because these misters will make anyone look fancy and professional while going about their usual gardening routine.
- Brass throughout
17. Terracotta water suppliers
These water suppliers are not only absolutely adorable but also functional and helpful. Whether you sometimes forget to water your plants, they need constant water, or you’re going away on vacation, these water suppliers blend functionality and fashion perfectly together!
- Painted terracotta
- Can hold 260 ml of water that will release over a 5-day period.
18. Worm composter
Buying mulch or fertilizer can be pricey, so why not just learn how to compost so you can save your wallet and the planet at the same time? This worm composter is a bit expensive, but will certainly pay itself off in the long run.
- 11 pounds
19. Backyard Gardening by Peter Greenfield
Is your gardener still learning and loves to read? This might be your best bet. It is an informative read that your loved one will surely reference when any of their plants is sick or in need of help.
- This book is about how to grow your own garden and how to avoid consuming pesticides from produce at the grocery store.
20. Funny gardening-themed mugs
Mugs are a classic gift to give to someone, no matter how old they are or how well you know them. There are a lot of great options out there, and if you want to make them laugh when they open it, this mug is the right choice for you!
- Made of ceramic
- Holds 12 ounces of liquid
21. Floral-scented candles
Candles are also a timeless gift to give to someone. These candles are soy candles and smell amazing. Your gardener can bring the gorgeous smells of their flower garden indoors with these candles so they never miss their garden.
- Set of four
- Made out of soy wax
- They come in decorated holders and
- scents are: lavender, rose, gardenia, and lilac
22. Salsa seed set
These seed sets will allow your gardener to grow all of the necessary ingredients to make salsa, and that will be so rewarding for them once completed. It will give them the joy of gardening, and a tasty snack!
- 13 USDA certified and organic seed packs to help grow the ingredients for salsa.
23. Floral mug and spoon set
Talk about fairytale vibes! This mug and spoon set is adorable and brings a taste of the great outdoors to the indoors.
- Glass mug and metal spoon set that comes decorated in flowers and butterflies.
- It holds 12 ounces of liquid.
24. Culpeper’s Complete Herbal by Nicholas Culpeper
This is another great book for gardeners. It has been in print for over 300 years and is still relevant today. This book belongs on the bookshelf of everyone who loves plants!
- This book is about how to best grow, gather, and prepare herbs written by a renowned herbalist.
25. Reusable flower totes
States are beginning to place bag taxes on single-use bags to encourage reusing bags and more sustainable practices. These bags are not only useful but also beautiful!
- These bags are made out of rip-stop fabric and are waterproof.
- They hold a lot and they have a squared bottom to help with stability.
26. Plant-themed forever stamps
Stamps might seem like a lame present at first, but they can be helpful! Stamps are an annoying thing we have to buy sometimes, and these are cute and will give your gardener a way to add their flair to their postage.
- This pack includes two books of 20 forever stamps each that are decorated with flowers and plants.
27. Custom garden sign
These are super cute signs that any gardener can add to their space to make sure everyone knows who is in charge!
- This sign comes in a different set of sizes and can include up to two lines of text.
- They are made to order because each one is made to whatever specifics are provided.
28. Gardening apron
Gardening aprons are important for gardeners who need a lot of tools and have plants with prickly or messy leaves. It will protect their clothes from getting dirty or destroyed, as well as give them some extra on-person storage.
- This apron is made out of canvas so it is sturdy and includes knee pads to protect against wear on pants and knees.
- Comes with a pair of herb scissors.
29. Mushroom log
Mushroom logs are really cool projects that allow you to grow your own mushrooms at home! They look so cute and give you a tasty snack!
- This mushroom log includes a foot-tall log and mushroom starters.
30. Butterfly puddler
Butterflies make any space seem more magical and gorgeous, and butterfly puddlers help attract these amazing creatures. One of these will look great in any outdoor space, and will also give butterflies a nice place to rest for a moment.
- These puddlers are made out of stone and ceramic.
Hopefully, this list of best gifts for gardeners was helpful for you! Any of these items will make a great gift, so hopefully your next shopping trip will be much less stressful. No matter what you get, your gardener will be thankful that you spent any time, money, and effort to get them something they’ll like, and that thoughtful gesture alone will make them feel the warm fuzzies inside. Good luck, and happy shopping!